2013 14th Annual Roll Out the Barrels Food Drive to Benefit Metro CareRing
Information and FAQs
1. When is the drive?
• The drive will run from April 15–26. Donation barrels will be delivered the week before the drive and picked-up for ease of participation.
2. What is the deadline for signing up to participate in the drive?
• Our absolute deadline to sign-up as a participant in the drive is Monday, April 8th. Unfortunately we cannot accept any new participants after that date. After that date, you are more than welcome to collect food in support of the drive, but you will have to arrange for the food to be delivered to Metro CareRing yourself.
3. When will the Barrels be delivered?
• Our Metro CareRing Volunteer Drivers will deliver your barrel(s) during the week of April 8th. They will deliver the barrel(s) to the address specified by you in the on-line form. We cannot determine the exact date and time of delivery.
4. When will the Barrels be Picked-Up?
• Our Metro CareRing Volunteer Drivers will pick-up your donations the week of April 29th. We cannot determine the exact date and time of pick-up, so please let us know of any issues you have.
5. What if we collect more donations than the barrels will hold?
• Any overflowing donations should be boxed up and sealed in easily movable boxes that will not be returned. Boxes are to be provided by the firm/office that is collecting the donations. Any overflowing donations left in bags or loose will not be accepted for pick-up.
6. Where to send Cash/Check donations and Tax Receipts?
• Please make checks payable to “Metro CareRing.” Once the drive is complete, please send checks to Kate Schuster at the Denver Bar Association, 1900 Grant Street, Suite 900, Denver, CO 80203 at the end of the drive.
• Tax receipts will be sent to name and address on each check by Metro CareRing following the drive.
• Tax forms will not be provided for cash donations.
7. How can I donate online?
• Visit: www.dbacan.com and click on the “Donate” tab. Click on the link and it will lead you to Metro CareRing’s website. Please add a note indicating your firm name and that your contribution is for the CAN Food Drive.
• Visit: www.metrocarering.org and select “Donate Now”. Please add a note indicating your firm name and that your contribution is for the CAN Food Drive.
8. How can I learn more about Metro Caring, its mission, and additional facts about food insecurity issues?
• Visit http://www.metrocarering.org/
Information for Participating in the Friendly Competition:
1. What are the categories for the competition?
• Firm Categories are based on number of total employees (not total number of attorneys): 1-20 – A, 21-60 – B, 61-100 – C, 101-150 – D, 151+ – E
2. Which firms were the 2012 Winners?
Winner Firm Size (1-21-A): Orten Cavanagh Richmond & Holmes LLC
Total Amount Donated (Barrel and Cash/ Online Donations): $3,973
Winner Firm Size (22-60-B): McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
Total Amount Donated (Barrel and Cash/ Online Donations): $428.50
Winner Firm Size (61-100-C): Court of Appeals
Total Amount Donated (Barrel and Cash/ Online Donations): $4,592
Winner Firm Size (101-150-D): Faegre Baker Daniels LLP*
Total Amount Donated (Barrel and Cash/ Online Donations): $9,706.10
Winner Firm Size (151+-E): Wheeler Trigg O’Donnell
Total Amount Donated (Barrel and Cash/ Online Donations): $20,728
3. How to Sign-up and Participate in the Competition?
• Simply check the box noting that you want to participate on the on-line form and complete the details of total firm size.
• Starting on April 29th, please enter your firm results in the online form. You will need to know total cash donations and total food donations (using barrels). An example of a score is $250 in cash/check/on-line donations and 1.25 barrels of food.
• Winners will be announced the week of May 6th.
• If you have not entered the results for your firm by May 3rd, you will not be considered for the competition.
4. What do Winners Receive?
• Very special trophies with the winning firm’s name that are passed on from year-to-year.